We currently have a vacancy for a Toolmaker to start asap. Workings hours are based on a double day shift 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm Monday to Thursday and 6am – 1pm/1pm-8pm on Friday. As a Press toolmaker you will be required to repair any production tooling in a timely fashion to make sure that production targets are met on a day to day basis. This will be achieved by using all standard tool room equipment ie. Surface grinders, spark erodes, lathes and milling machines. You will also perform preventative maintenance work on all current tooling to make sure the upmost efficiently is maintained. You will also be required to participate in our continuous improvement scheme to identify areas for change to optimise performance and efficacy.
Applicants would ideally have previous experience in press tooling but could also be injection Moulding or Die-casting toolmakers. The right personality is key to joining our friendly & “right first time” attitude of the current team. For the right applicant full training can be provided.
- Operate all Standard Toolroom machinery
- Support production requirements
- Perform preventative maintenance work
- Undertake training as required by your Toolroom Manager and to assist in the training of others.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of product and service quality
- Provide technical support to the other functional departments
- Ensure that your actions and the actions of other individuals do not compromise the legal requirements and safety standards
- Perform your duties in accordance with the company manual
- Time served apprenticeship – Desired
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software and reading drawings
- Proven Experience of at least 3 years in a role
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company pension
- Profit share scheme
- Travel allowance (dependant on distance from Cirencester)
- Life insurance